Norwich Actor & Writer
Professional actor and theatre performer based in Norwich, Norfolk
Local Talent Marie Cooper Cast as Julian’s Maid, Sarah, in Heartwarming Audio Play: ‘Julian of Norwich: An Audio Drama Celebration
- I am superexcited to announce that I am in the HighTide Writers Group 2024. I will be writing a draft of a new play over the course of the year and working with a wonderful group of talented people.
- I’m on the Norwich Film Festival Screening Committee again this year.
- Waiting to hear back about auditions…
- Putting together a new writing community project, dependent on whether I can get funding to get it off the ground. Not quite sure where to start, but I am superkeen to make it happen.
- I gave my first ever Lightning talk at Hot Source Sparks, about my excitement and love of Artificial Intelligence…
Acoustic – A Horror Screenplay
Acoustic received an Honorary Mention by the Frights! Camera! Action! Screenplay and Film Contest on 31st Jan 2022
I have been amazed and full of joy to receive some wonderful recommendations for some of my playwriting on the New Play Exchange . The most recent of which was for my short Brechtian-inspired play The Elbow Grease Strategy. A timely look at the problems in society of cost of living, lack of quality/affordable housing and underpaid work.
If you’ve enjoyed my work on the stage or the page and want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside,
please buy me a coffee
Thank you 🙏
Marie’s Bookshelf: Currently reading…
Latest Writing and Acting Projects
Enjoyed working with Marie?
Something you think she should work on?
Looking for a Norwich Actor? Let’s Work Together.
Check out my previous work over on my acting portfolio. page. I have worked on a range of productions for theatre including Shakespeare, Noel Coward and portraying Margaret Thatcher in Moira Buffini’s ‘Handbagged’, to being one of Santa’s Elves for Santa’s visit at Christmas, a Halloween rat and Promenade Street theatre narrator/lead.
I work regularly as a simulated patient / medical role-player to assist students in their communications training.
Film and Television
I occasionally work with filmmaking students at the Norwich University of the Arts, acting in short student films and have also recorded a voiceover for a documentary-style film.
I also work as a background artist. If you have a sharp eye, you might spot me in a TV series or few, in American documentary series on channels such as CNN and Discovery ID.
If you are looking for actors in Norwich or the Norfolk region, or thereabouts, get in touch.
Equally, if you’re looking for a supporting artist in Norfolk, (Yes, I do that too. A girl’s gotta eat, you know), then message me…
Marie was awarded an Arts Council Funded Free Read with The Literary Consultancy, by the National Centre for Writing in Norwich
Marie was awarded ‘The Prize for Outstanding Performance by a Creative Entrepreneurship MA Student‘ by the Interdisciplinary Institute of the Humanities at the University of East Anglia
I have been incredibly fortunate to have had diverse experience in work and play, providing me with a range of skills, from working as a Paintball Marshall, competing in semi-pro sup-air paintball tournaments, martial arts (Shotokan and Taekwondo) and corporate boxing, working in the Special Constabulary, climbing and mountain biking.
I am available for:
- Film (Student, Short, LB, documentary, feature)
- Street performance
- Film extras / Background Artists / Supporting Artist
- Simulated Patient / Medical Roleplay.
- Roleplay in Health, Education and Corporate settings
- Computer Games
- Rehearsed Reading/Scratch
- Artist’s Modelling
- Murder Mystery
- Seasonal Performances
- Anything Star Wars related (joking… Not joking.)
Born in Norwich, Norfolk, Marie Cooper performs around the East Anglian area of the UK and beyond. She started her acting career in open-air theatre in the beautiful parks and green spaces of Norfolk.
She completed the Norwich Theatre Royal acting course and rapidly and voraciously grew her varied portfolio of acting work. She has been incredibly fortunate to train with The John Wright Clowning School, Berlin’s TheatreFragile, and Teatro Strappato and had voice and movement training with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Marie completed her Master’s degree in Creative Entrepreneurship at the University of East Anglia in Norwich in 2018.
Marie Cooper’s Blog
- Inside the Minds of Artificial Intelligence: A Visual Journey of Self-Perception
- My First Lightning Talk at Hot Source Sparks, Norwich
- Working Actor: Scare Acting