Norwich Actor & Writer
Imperfect Storms. An Evening of Work by Members of The Writers’ Guild
On Thursday 28th April my short screenplay As the Crow Flies was performed at Norwich Theatre Stage 2. The evening consisted of new works by East Anglian members of The Writers’ Guild.
The writing I submitted was a small taster of the next project I am working on. I will be writing the story into a novel over the next few months.
- March was a busy month for roleplays. I was also working hard at putting together my application to Arts Council England for funding for a new and exciting creative adventure.
Acoustic – A Horror Screenplay
Acoustic received an Honorary Mention by the Frights! Camera! Action! Screenplay and Film Contest on 31st Jan 2022
- I am working with the Online Norwich Film Festival Screening Committee this year, watching and feeding back on potential films to be judged for NFF2022 later in the year.
- I’ve been amazed and full of joy to receive some wonderful recommendations for some of my playwriting over on the New Play Exchange over the past few months. The most recent of which was for my short Brechtian inspired play The Elbow Grease Strategy. A timely look at the problems in society of cost of living, lack of quality/affordable housing and underpaid work.
You can help support
Marie Cooper’s Creative work
If you want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside and help support
my work you can buy me a coffee…
Stage Plays by Marie Cooper
Latest Writing and Acting Projects
Enjoyed working with Marie?
Something you think she should work on?
Looking for a Norwich Actor? Let’s Work Together.
Check out my previous work over on my acting portfolio. page. I have worked on a range of productions for theatre including Shakespeare, Noel Coward and portraying Margaret Thatcher in Moira Buffini’s ‘Handbagged’, to being one of Santa’s Elves for Santa’s visit at Christmas, a Halloween rat and Promenade Street theatre narrator/lead.
I work regularly as a simulated patient / medical role-player to assist students in their communications training.
Film and Television
I occasionally work with filmmaking students at the Norwich University of the Arts, acting in short student films and have also recorded a voiceover for a documentary-style film.
I also work as a background artist. If you have a sharp eye, you might spot me in a TV series or few, in American documentary series on channels such as CNN and Discovery ID.
If you are looking for actors in Norwich or the Norfolk region, or thereabouts, get in touch.
Equally, if you’re looking for a supporting artist in Norfolk, (Yes, I do that too. A girl’s gotta eat, you know), then message me…
Marie was awarded an Arts Council Funded Free Read with The Literary Consultancy, by the National Centre for Writing in Norwich
Marie was awarded ‘The Prize for Outstanding Performance by a Creative Entrepreneurship MA Student‘ by the Interdisciplinary Institute of the Humanities at the University of East Anglia
I have been incredibly fortunate to have had diverse experience in work and play, providing me with a range of skills, from working as a Paintball Marshall, competing in semi-pro sup-air paintball tournaments, martial arts (Shotokan and Taekwondo) and corporate boxing, working in the Special Constabulary, climbing and mountain biking.
I am available for:
- Film (Student, Short, LB, documentary, feature)
- Street performance
- Film extras / Background Artists / Supporting Artist
- Simulated Patient / Medical Roleplay.
- Roleplay in Health, Education and Corporate settings
- Computer Games
- Rehearsed Reading/Scratch
- Artist’s Modelling
- Murder Mystery
- Seasonal Performances
- Anything Star Wars related (joking… Not, joking.)
Born in Norwich, Norfolk, Marie Cooper performs around the East Anglian area of the UK and beyond. She started her acting career in open-air theatre in the beautiful parks and green spaces of Norfolk.
She completed the Norwich Theatre Royal acting course and rapidly and voraciously grew her varied portfolio of acting work. She has been incredibly fortunate to train with The John Wright Clowning School, Berlin’s TheatreFragile, Teatro Strappato and had voice and movement training with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Marie completed her Master’s degree in Creative Entrepreneurship at the University of East Anglia in Norwich in 2018.